Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Last night I went to a girly party at a friends house where we decorated our own canvas shoes.  It was a lot of fun just hanging out and seeing everyone's designs.  We had a few snacks while we worked. I brought some mini bunny cupcakes.  I have to admit though...I used a box cake mix. :(  I know, I know, shame on me! However, I did add my own ingredients to it to mix it up a bit.  It was chocolate fudge cake mix and I added peanut butter chips and Godiva chocolate liquer.  So that redeems the whole use of a box mix, right??  Anyway, then I topped them with cream cheese frosting and some cute simple bunny faces with sugar pearls and sparkling decorating gel.

my cool cupcake shoes I painted myself!



But while you're enjoying a look at my cute little bunnies, let's ponder a little about Easter.  For most people, Easter means spring is here, time to hunt eggs, eat candy, and buy pretty dresses.  I enjoy all that too. However, Easter has another meaning for me as well.  Its the day we, as Christians, celebrate, the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. Now since this is a food blog, I'm not going to preach a sermon.  But if you've never heard the true message of Jesus, here are a few scriptures from the Bible to read and consider.

For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. -John 3:16

If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. -Romans 10:9

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature.  Old things have passed away and all thing have become new. -2 Corinthians 5:17

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. -Romans 3:23

For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ. -Romans 6:23

But God commends His love towards us that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. -Romans 5:8

Christ died for our sins...was buried and raised on the third day...And if Christ has not been raised, then your faith is vain and you are still in your sins. -1 Corinthians 15:3, 4, 17

Jesus is my hope and He can be yours too if you believe in His great love for each and every one of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment