Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mixed Berry Pops

The second flavor of my Popsicle Series is Mixed Berry.  Again the same basic recipe as the Orange Cream Pops but with strawberries, raspberries, and dark cherries.  And of course another special secret adult ingredient to enhance the flavor and keep them from getting rock hard frozen.


Ingredients:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup low fat yogurt (I use Stonyfield organic, plain)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup berries (you can use fresh or frozen and any kind of berries you like. I used frozen strawberries, raspberries and dark cherries. And I probably used a little more than just 1 cup.)
2 Tbsp Chambord


In a medium-large bowl, blend whipping cream and sugar with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.


Thaw the berries according to the package instructions. (Obviously if you have fresh berries you can skip that step.) Put the berries in the food processor and chop until desired consistency (do you like big chunks of fruit in your ice cream or would you prefer more pureed liquid fruit or something in between? I went for the something in between, mostly pureed but with tiny chunks.)



Add fruit, yogurt, and Chambord to the cream mixture. Stir until well blended.

This combination of berries gives such a beautiful color!


Using 3 oz Dixie cups, scoop the berry mixture into the cups almost to the top.  The original recipe says it makes 9 but I sometimes got as many as 11 cups filled. Remember to cut a small slit at the top of each cup to allow for easier removal from the pop later.  Once the cups are filled, you may insert a popsicle stick.


I think I forgot to mention this for the Orange Cream Pops, but all these popsicles will be ready to eat after being in the freezer for about 4 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering where I can buy the big popsicle sticks??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you should be able to buy them at any craft store. Sometimes they come in different sizes there.

    ReplyDelete